Hi, this is my first post. Well, 360 degree term is
used now a days in many corporates which indicates that the person is
responsible not only for a particular activity but from head to tail of that activity. Here
I will give an example of mine where I was handling 2 key accounts of major
clients one was from Oil & Gas industry whereas other was from Telecom. The
combined annual turnover of these clients was around Rs. 10 Cr. (USD 1.7 million) Here I was handling
a team of recruiters, office coordinator, supporting payroll asst., supporting
invoicing asst. and site coordinators for different locations. My
responsibilities included all the activities related to staffing of these
client which included sourcing, shortlisting, interviewing, issuing
offers, joining, induction, deployment, coordination, grievance handling,
processing timesheets, reimbursing claims, payroll, new recruitments, replacements, transfers from other SP, business
development, client relationship, invoicing, collection… is it over ?
No, additionally being a hard core recruiter I could not resist
accepting challenges of taking new assignments of manpower requirements for
other clients. Binding all these
activities required me to keep in touch with all related personnel working with
me with close monitoring. Most of them were developed in such a way that they
were also aware of the activities of other team members. It was so good that there
was none down the line with knowledge in only one area but all. E,g. Our SPOC's (single point of contact) who were assigned the job of coordinating site
activities for deputies became good source of building my resource databank
(potential recruitees) due to their site contacts and I could immediately
fulfill the resource requirements against replacement or fresh requirements. In
office all my team members were aware of each others work and hence I faced
less incidents of quality issues or delay in service delivery to the client or
deputed personnel. In turn I earned their trust and belief that we could do the
work in efficient manner and helped us pool more business from them.
The sole purpose of this
article is to make you understand what I meant for the term recruitment 360. It
was not only limited to sourcing, selection and closure but there’s a lot more to do.
Guys, companies now a days expect employees to contribute towards adding value
to the business. You just can’t shrug off saying you are limited
to the work assigned to you, think beyond it, utilize your skills and try adding
value to your work. Don’t feel dejected even
if your efforts are not taken seriously by your seniors, believe me your performance
is always observed somehow. Why spoil good habits just because nobody is
noticing. Enrich yourself with knowledge and skills. Pay attention on what your
senior says, they have reached the level because of their expertise in the
field. Bullying and non competent bosses are
faced by everyone in their life, those who have not faced are lucky. But you will get atleast one good quality to
adopt. Observe, estimate your work situation and if you feel that your progress
became stagnant or your skills were not paid deserving compensation, bring it
to the notice of your superiors, have discussion with them.
I used to hold one to one
discussion session with my team members where we used to discuss each others behavior,
work style, performance improvement, etc. It really helped me in many aspects.
Never forget, your wish to
take initiative and accept challenges of taking additional responsibilities is
always judged by your employer.
No comments:
Post a Comment